Home -> VLF
Metal detectors -> Viking VK 40
The Viking VK40 metal detector is controlled from a microprocessor that
handles automatic operation and mineral cancellation.
Offers 3 detection modes,
all with visual metal discrimination on screen:
*Μotion - automatic mode with adjustable audio elimination for trash targets,
the metal detector operates with “motion” of the search coil
Αll Metal – mode of continuous balancing to the changes of the ground conditions,
without interference from minerals, the metal detector operates with a light
motion of the search head.
Νοn Motion – detects in great depth with manual ground balance, the metal detector
search coil does not need to be in “motion” to operate. Useful for detection
of big objects at depth, also for accurate localization of objects and determining
VIKING VK40 controls console
VK40 LCD screen: analyses target identity with numbers ( 0 – 95 ) and 8 target
categories, different for iron, gold, silver, copper. Also displays information
about detection mode and current search settings.
Offers an easy to access, friendly “menu” for quick selection of ground types,
detection depth and metal rejection, even from a novice !
Console can be removed from stem for discreet detection and minimize of detector
NEW 26 cm POLO head designed for deep penetration, waterproof and light-weight!
VIKING VK40 metal detector - Features
- enter to settings (menu),
- 2 arrow keys for settings,
- power on / off,
- ground balance key (Ρ)
* Screen: LCD with mode indications
* Adjustable sensitivity (detection depth) through the menu
* Search coil: 26 cm waterproof ‘’POLO’’
* Coil shielding: electrostatic p/u
* Speaker: built in splashproof 2 1/4’’
* Headphone socket: 1/4’’
* Battery holder: in-build "drop-in" type
with no leads
* Battery: 9 volt
* Battery life: 20-30 hours (alkaline)
* Battery check: visually on screen and audio
* Auto power off - when forgotten
* Construction: durable plastics & removable
* Maximum depth: 2 m.
* Guarantee: 2 years
"On many detector advertisement are found features that admire those people that
never used a detector before...On the VIKING VK40 metal detectors
find the "menu" or the LCD screen loaded with adjustments, only to attract amateurs, features
that proved to be totally useless on the fields"
Weight & Dimensions
* Length: 130cm (75 cm dismantled)
* Weight: 1,5 kg
- With slow movement of search coil
- Without movement of search coil for search or pinpoint
(metal discrimination operates for both modes on screen)
- special function for salts / minerals
With numbers 0-95 & 8 target categories,
selectable audio rejection through the menu.
* NON MOTION operation means that everybody can work at his own speed, and cover
the ground at his own sweep speed. Even motionless the metal detector
* MOTION operation of many metal detectors on the market, means that
head must be kept moving continuously and some times a lot fast
in order to detect. At rocky places, that demand for "motion" creates problems. Also because of the continuous movement the search is not
methodical and valuable targets may be lost.
The NON MOTION mode on the VIKING VK40 is offered for search AND
target pinpoint. On some "MOTION" metal
detectors, there is a pinpoint button, to put them into a "non -motion" mode, but for a limited time (for as long the key is pressed) and without metal